Neofolkfreunde

31.05.2014

Am Brunnen vor dem Tore - The Well by the Gate



I shot this picture in 2012 and associate a German folksong, written by Wilhelm Muller (1794-1827), with this picture.

Am Brunnen vor dem Tore (The Well by the Gate)

(In German)

Am Brunnen vor dem Tore
Da steht ein Lindenbaum
Ich träumt in seinem Schatten
So manchen süssen Traum
Ich schnitt in seine Rinde
So manches liebe Wort
Es zog in Freud und Leide
(Zu ihm mich immer fort)

Ich musst auch heute wandern
Vorbeei in tiefer Nacht
Da hab ich noch im Dunkel
Die Äuglein zugemacht
Und seine Zweige rauschten
Als riefen sie mir zu
Komm her zu mir Geselle
(Hier findst du deine Ruh)

Die kalten Winde bliesen
Mir grad ins Angesicht
Der Hut flog mir vom Kopfe
Ich wendete mich nicht
Nun bin ich manche Stunde
Entfernt von jenem Ort
Und immer hör' ich's rauschen
(Du fändest Ruhe dort)

(In English)

Beside the Village Fountain,
There stands a linden-tree.
How often in her shadow
Sweet dreams have come to me!
Upon her bark, there, carving,
Designs of love I made.
Both, happiness and sorrow,
Would draw me to her shade,
Would draw me to her shade.

Alas! I had to wander,
Before the dawn's first light.
I passed her, in the darkness,
Which hid her from my sight.
Her branches rustled gently,
As if she spoke to me,
"Come here, beloved companion!
Here, peace shall comfort thee,
Here, peace shall comfort thee."

The cruel winds were blowing
Cold rain into my face.
My anguished heart was crying,
While I increased my pace.
Though many miles, now, distant from
That dear old linden-tree,
My mind still hears her promise:
"Here, peace you'll find with me!
Here, peace you'll find with me!"

My Facebookgroup *click* 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen